Grow microgreens indoors effectively and discover just how good microgreens health benefits are.
Microgreens are an increasingly popular item. Most restaurants use them for decorating dishes and in salads., Microgreens are superfoods full of vitamins and nutrients.
How to Grow Microgreens at Home Hydroponically
Growing microgreens at home is extremely simple and fast. Hydroponically grown microgreens do not even need soil. You'll get ready-to-eat healthy greens in about 9-12 days.
First, you need to have a tray, some high-quality soilless mixes (optionally) or jute pads, seeds, and instructions. A water spray bottle, proper lighting, and scissors will also be needed. Our Microgreens Kit contains just what you’ll need to get started.
Once you have all the needed tools, follow these steps:
With Soil Substitute
1. Put a thin (about 2-inch) layer of coconut potting soil (or another soil substitute). Don't press, let it become even, but also stay loose.
No Soil – first step not needed
2. Seed. You may choose any seeds suitable for microgreens. Radish would be perfect for beginners as it grows fast, has beautiful oval butterfly-like leaves, tastes fresh and spicy, and is very popular among customers.
3. Water the seeds generously, but not too much. After that, you water your microgreens several times a day with a spray bottle.
4. Wait. Let a sprouted seed grow a little bit more.
5. In about 9-12 days, you can usually start harvesting. Cut with scissors.
6. Before eating, wash your microgreens.
Microgreens are a compact and simple way to eat fresh, healthy food 365 days a year!
Top Microgreens Health Benefits
The process is very fast – just over a week to start harvesting. There are many kinds of microgreens, each having a rich flavor. Different seeds may be used in the same tray.
Scientists declare that all microgreens contain nutrients, vital minerals (potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, etc.), vitamins, and antioxidants. Their research states that microgreens' beneficial properties may exceed up to 40 times those of mature plants.